Why am I doing this?

I have found that I am in need of a project. I also have several goals that seem to be nagging me lately. 1. I need to get in shape. Although round is a shape, it's not so much what I am looking for. 2. I need to read the Bible more. It has yet to become a vital foundation to my faith on a consistent basis. 3. I would like to write more. It's something I greatly enjoy, but simply do not make time for it.

So I have decided to take the next 90 days to simultaneously complete the P90X fitness challenge, Read the Bible in 90 Days, and Blog about my entire experience. Viola! This condenses all three goals into a single project.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yoga

If I were to list my relationship status with Yoga on Facebook, it would definitly be, "It's Complicated". We have a love/hate thing going on.


Things that I hate... It's long. It's an hour and a half! It's a little ridiculous if you ask me. And it's hard. There are a few of the poses that they want you to do, and all I can do is stand there and stare at the TV and say, really Tony Horton... who do you think I am? I can't do that!














This is the "Twisting Half Moon" pose. It may not look too difficult, but go ahead and give it a try and see what I mean. Now try and hold it for 30 seconds and you will really begin to see what I am talking about. This other pose is the "Crane" pose. Here is where I really start to laugh in disbelief. Seriously... who are these people that can do this? Certainly not me!



Maybe after 90 days of this, I will figure it out, but I am certainly skeptical.


Now, with that said, I do love the way I feel after I have finished the workout. It's just refreshing... as silly as that sounds. I feel quite accomplished when I am done.



So, I will continue to do the yoga workouts. Some times begrudgingly and others, happily because that's how we roll. Yoga and I are on again off again and that's apparantly how we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment