Why am I doing this?

I have found that I am in need of a project. I also have several goals that seem to be nagging me lately. 1. I need to get in shape. Although round is a shape, it's not so much what I am looking for. 2. I need to read the Bible more. It has yet to become a vital foundation to my faith on a consistent basis. 3. I would like to write more. It's something I greatly enjoy, but simply do not make time for it.

So I have decided to take the next 90 days to simultaneously complete the P90X fitness challenge, Read the Bible in 90 Days, and Blog about my entire experience. Viola! This condenses all three goals into a single project.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 87

Workout- Kenpo X
Bible Reading- Hebrews 1 - James 3:12

It's a good thing that this challenge is going to be over soon because this week is going to be CRAZY!!!! I was asked to help out with the vacation bible school at our Church and it is starting tomorrow night with a big kick block party and will run every night until Friday. Breanne and I were trying to figure out logistics of picking up baby after work and getting to VBS by 6. We may or may not get to eat this week. We will see. Amidst all this we have to pack at some point in time for our whirlwind tour of the southwest for vacation. We are leaving early Saturday morning. I'm beginning to stress out over all of it.

For VBS, our theme is Egypt. I am playing Joseph and will be acting out his story to all of the kids each night. It will be quite difficult, but I will do my best to refrain from breaking out into song and channeling my inner Donnie Osmond. If you have a puzzled look on your face, you should know that Donnie Osmond played Joseph in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" on Broadway. I was in this show in college as "Asher", one of Joseph's brothers. The music of this show is fantastic and is already stuck in my head.

So I will do my best to keep my sanity this week and somehow finish these last 3 days with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. "Go, Go, Go Joseph"

-Michael

1 comment:

  1. LOL...inner Donny Osmond. I saw him in concert once at the Oregon State Fair...during his "trying to make a comeback phase" in the late 80's. Good luck with your week. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete