Why am I doing this?

I have found that I am in need of a project. I also have several goals that seem to be nagging me lately. 1. I need to get in shape. Although round is a shape, it's not so much what I am looking for. 2. I need to read the Bible more. It has yet to become a vital foundation to my faith on a consistent basis. 3. I would like to write more. It's something I greatly enjoy, but simply do not make time for it.

So I have decided to take the next 90 days to simultaneously complete the P90X fitness challenge, Read the Bible in 90 Days, and Blog about my entire experience. Viola! This condenses all three goals into a single project.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 89

Workout- Core Synergistics
Bible Reading- Jude 1 - Revelation 17

I am almost done!!! I started the final book of the Bible today!! And it's a really weird one. This book really makes me wish that I had taken a class on Revelation while I was in college. Not that I would have paid that much more attention than I did in any of my other classes, but I think I would at least feel a little more informed. It's all just so foreign to me. I have a hard time picturing what the "end times" will actually look like. I definitely don't go through life living with the possibility of those times in mind. I'm just trying to make it through the day.

What would life look like if all of us lived our lives like it was going to be our last? Would we love people more? Would we spend more time on what was truly important? Would we stop being scared of sharing our faith with others? I'm not really sure what that would look like for me.

It is some thing to keep in mind though. If I believe the Bible to be true, which I do, then I should know that a time is coming when Christ will return. So why do I not always live like I believe it? Maybe this week I can focus that. Instead of worrying about what my business and stress, perhaps I can focus on the really important things. Maybe gain a little perspective.

Perhaps we could all do that.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment